Here are the 10 month highlights:
-Still no teeth! Not sure when those chompers are going to make their appearance. But, they have been drooling more, and Sam figured out how to slurp his spit back into his mouth! Weird trick, I know, but he enjoys doing it because it makes a loud noise.
-They both (mostly Sam) reach out now for things they want, but are too big (like a TV) and they know they can't have. We noticed it when we took them to the fair. Sam would reach his little hand out to things (like a hot dog stand or a cow), stare at it, and say, "Ooooo." It was quite cute.
-They both have figured out how to sit up from their tummies! Sam did it first, but Ethan was just two days behind. They both figured it out in their cribs. The day after they both figured this new trick out, I put them down for a nap, and I heard "talking" still after 20 minutes, which is unusual for my boys. They normally chat for a few minutes, and then it's quiet. So, I peeked in to investigate, and both boys were sitting up, looking at each other, and talking! It was super cute. I layed them back down, and they went right to sleep.
-Ethan LOVES to dance and LOVES music! He sways to music all the time, dances by waving his arms in the air, and even turns toward the stereo and giggles when he likes a song. And they both giggle and smile when we dance with them. They are so musical!
-Ethan brushed his own hair the other night after I finished brushing it. He took the brush, and rubbed it on his head! (The cuteness is bringing me to tears... sniffle, sniffle...)
-Ethan has a fake laugh; well, they both do, but Sam's only done it a few times. Ethan does it especially when he's eating. It's so funny and makes us all laugh! Man, these kids are adorable.
-They both want to crawl so badly, but haven't figured it out yet (though Sam has, but in month 11, not 10. So you'll have to wait for next month to get the full report!).
-They both adore food: mostly finger food. They aren't too thrilled about trying new things, but if we leave it on their tray long enough, they'll start eating it.
-Ethan gets frustrated pretty easily now. They often steal each other's toys, but Sam usually doesn't care. Ethan, on the other hand, will scream and cry when Sam steals his toy. But, as other twin moms have told me, they need to learn the fine art of sharing and so they must make that journey without the help from me. I do intervene every now and then, but I don't want them to be dependent on me to solve all their disputes. So right now, they are learning how to share. I should note that they do get "independent play time" usually once a day where I put them on separate blankets, across the room from each other, with a slew of toys. They love it and can play alone for about 20 minutes or so, then they get bored. So, we switch blankets, and they're great for another 20 more minutes!
Enjoy the cuteness! (hehehehe)
![]() |
| Ethan William... isn't he cute? |
![]() |
| "Who, me?!? Awe shucks, Ma..." |
![]() |
| This is Sam's new face... |
![]() |
| Samuel John |
![]() |
| "Oh no! I slide off the bean bag chair!" |
![]() |
| Ethan, "Hmmm... this looks tasty." Sam, "Sure does, Brother. I'd eat it if I were you." |
![]() |
| Yeah for Dad! |
![]() |
| Sam is clapping for Daddy. |
![]() |
| This is what 10 month bottoms look like... =) |
![]() |
| Ethan, "Look Mom! I can do the King Tut!" |
![]() |
| Feet! |
![]() |
| Ethan, "Sam, why do you have a 10? I only have a 0." |














1 comment:
Their hair is getting so long...you have ADORABLE boys!
Post a Comment