Wow. I can't believe it's almost been a year! In one sense, time has just flown by. It seems that it was just a few weeks ago that they were born. And yet, it seems like they've been in our lives forever. We can't imagine our lives without them.
 |
| Samuel and Ethan |
 |
| "Whoa. We are already at 11 months?!?" |
 |
| "AHHHH! I want my H!" |
 |
| Sam and Ethan |
 |
| This wasn't Ethan's day... |
 |
| And now he's turning red. Time to stop. |
This month has been a month of changes around the Brannan house! The biggest.... Ethan and Samuel can crawl! Sam crawled first on the 10th, but he did it while dragging his head on the ground. Ethan watched him drag his head for a week, and then he busted out his mad crawling skills...with his head up! Once Sam saw that one could crawl without dragging one's head, he started doing it as well. This is such a cute stage! As long as I can keep them safe, I love watching them crawl around and discover new things. They are just so dang cute!
 |
| Sam and Ethan |
 |
Ethan (right), "Look brother! A dead bug!"
Sam, "Let's eat it!" |
 |
| Sam found his yellow ring in the hall! |
Now a bit about each boy...
Ethan is our wiggle worm. He was definitely the mover when I was pregnant, and now that side of him is beginning to shine through again. He LOVES to explore and touch everything! He often holds his hand out and stares at whatever it is he wants...and these days, its everything. =) The other day I brushed his hair, and he wanted to explore the brush and eventually brushed his own hair! Ethan also LOVES music! He sways to any type of music: their toys, radio, even a cell phone. We took them to Disneyland this week (yes, again) and he swayed virtually the entire time! Ethan, I think, has a favorite color. All his favorite toys are always orange. Not sure if he indeed likes the color, but it's an interesting coincidence. On another note, not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Ethan has a fake laugh. It's so funny! He used to do it more, especially when he would eat, but not as much anymore. Though today, it did pop out again as he was throwing his food on the floor (which he does often). One last note about Eth, because he loves to explore and figure things out, he also gets hurt more. He's hit his head on our coffee table and my parent's coffee table. Poor guy! But, he's a trooper and I think he has a pretty good pain tolerance. He only complains for a few minutes, and then off to play!

 |
| "Yeah... I know I'm cute..." |
 |
| "Whoa! I'm getting old..." |
Samuel is our eater! He is so adventurous and eats whatever I put in front of him. Occasionally he encounters something he doesn't like, but that's pretty rare. His favorite thing these days is meat...mostly chicken and beef. He LOVES it! Sam also was the first one to pull himself to a standing position. They both can do it on Jeff and I, but haven't done it on anything else. Sam talks quite a bit. He often does this "OOO" face and waves his arms when he gets excited...so cute! And when he adds a head bang, his little curls on his head flop around and I can't handle the cuteness! Right now, Sam is a little more content and calm, though that title switches back and forth between the boys often. I used to call him "drama king". However, at the moment, he's super chill. Often, I'll just look his direction and he'll start busting up! I'm not sure what it is about our eye contact, but it sure makes him laugh!
 |
| "What up Doggie? We keep meeting like this." |
And that's month 11! We love our boys...even when they wake up in the middle of the night screaming (which happened more this month that the previous 7 combined). Jeff and I continually feel blessed everyday that God would grant us TWO wonderful boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment