Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Party weekend!

This weekend we had a few parties that we attended.  Saturday afternoon, the boys were invited to their friend Giovy's 4th birthday party.  Since Jeff was at Hume that day, I asked my friends Jodie and Collin if they could help me with the boys.  Twin-almost-18-month boys at a pool party with only one parent = disaster.  Luckily, they agreed to help and we all had a blast!

Their party attire (notice the blur... they don't stay still these days)

Ethan loves the water!  Sam sat next to the pool and splashed his hand in the water this time.  Yeah Samuel!

E

S enjoying the water NEXT to the pool

My wonderful helpers, Jodie and Collin

E wasn't sure what to make of the bounce house

Then on Sunday, my dad's Promise Keeper group that he's been meeting with for 20 years decided to get their families together for a BBQ and swim.  Our generation is all grown up and now there's a group of the next generation toddling around.  It was really fun reconnecting with people I grew up with, but don't get to see that often, and watching our kids play.  And look... guess who finally made it into the pool?!?!

Sam's in!  And he enjoyed it!  Here he is trying to hand me a piece of grass.

They LOVED this huge ball!  E kept trying to pick it up.  Silly boy!

1 comment:

Taylors said...

Your boys are just so stinkin' cute!!! I love your idea of getting helpers for outings involving pools. I find swim playdates to be the most challenging when I'm on my own with just the logistics of juggling two wet babies and trying to keep them from going under. I think I'm going to need to recruit some helpers that don't have their own kiddos to watch. Thanks for the great idea! Love, Lisa