Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hume SD: Life on campus

As some of you know, we just got back from spending a month down in San Diego working with Hume Lake's SD camp...actually, Jeff worked with it and the boys and I just hung out.  It was beautiful and lots of fun!  We took lots of pics while down there, so I'm going to break up the pics into separate posts.

Here are some pics of the boys on the little playground and in our apartment.

Running around in the kitchen

So... let me tell you a story about this giraffe.  Titus, a little boy whose dad also worked with the camp, had one exactly like this.  Apparently they are quite popular and kinda expensive (I didn't know that at the time).  Our family took a trip to Costco to pick up some things for the camp and I saw this giraffe at the register.  (Remember, I'd never seen it before I saw Titus with it.)  I inquired about it and the Costco worker told me someone left it there.  I snatched it up, proclaiming I knew exactly whose it was.  On the ride back to campus, I texted Titus's mom and she said it wasn't theirs.  So, this giraffe made a new home with us and was promptly named Mimi by the boys.  I apologize for the accidental theft.

The end.

Silly S

"Ha-wo?" -E

S

S

S

E's belly

E

S 
"Sure Mom.... I'll pose for you.  How's this?  I call it 'Hanging from the tree'." -E

Pondering the deep inner workings of life.... -S

Samuel loved the slide!  He learned to count 1-2-3 on it.  He says "TWO" especially loud.  

Climbing on the jungle gym

Driving is one of their new favorites.  They even request it by name... "Di-ing"

Strike a pose E!

Score!

1 comment:

Alyson Steiner said...

Oh the cuteness... can't wait for more!