San Diego was a blast… which is not what I thought I'd say. Jesus is so faithful to provide what we need when we ask. I knew it'd be a weird year in SD because of Zachary's birth, and that I'd have post-pregnancy hormones on top of having a newborn and twin toddlers. So, I asked a few faithful friends to pray for me while I was down there and God heard our prayers and was gracious to me in that I didn't freak out, but in fact really enjoyed my time as a little family in San Diego. That's not to say that life wasn't crazy…. because it was (and still is). But I didn't FEEL crazy.
This year, we sort of eased into it. We missed the set-up of camp and Week 1. Then the big boys were gone the first week we were down there (they were camping with Papa and Grandma). Z and I spent that week following Jeff around and just being present in camp, something I don't get to do with older children. Zachary just slept in his awesome stroller every where we went. And since I'm only nursing one baby this time, hiding under a "hooter hider" was do-able. Jeff and I even went out on a few dates! Once Ethan and Samuel came back, either both of my parents or just my mom was with me at all times, so I was never alone. That was also fun. It was refreshing to spend time with my mom and talk with her about being a mom…. super insightful. I always feel like I'm a better person after being with my mom and talking about life. =) Love you Momma!
And of course, camp is a blast. Reconnecting with old friends and making new ones and always having something to do, it's all great. At times it's a bit too much to do and everyone gets overstimulated, so we pick what we attend and have some play time in our apartment too.
Needless to say, even though it was a good year in San Diego, I took very few pictures. Life with a newborn and active twins just doesn't allow enough time and energy for things like pictures. However, I did manage to take weekly pictures of Zachary, and a few of the annual 4th of July parade and dance party. We are in San Diego every year on the 4th, and every year the camp puts on a "parade" for the campers after dinner. Really it's just us decorating bikes, motorcycles, or just ourselves, and blasting loud patriotic music from a golf cart (like Miley's "Party in the USA"). So fun.
 |
| E |
 |
| S |
 |
| T |
 |
| J |
 |
| Even Baby Z got in on the action! |
 |
| E |
 |
| Emily photo bomb. "Hello, is this thing on?!? I'm Britney Spears!" |
 |
| This is how Zachary spent most of this time in San Diego… all snug in his stroller, snoozing away. |
 |
| They were in love with the giant Captain America piñata. |
 |
| "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me. And I proudly stand UP next to you and defend her still today. Cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land! God bless the USA!" |
 |
| E proudly displaying his clapper |
 |
| Once the dance party started, it got a bit crazy… and hot. S wasn't so sure. |
 |
| Daddy-kins! |
 |
| My parents protected Z during the craziness. |
 |
| My Sillies. |
 |
| Dancing with Daddy. |
And Zachary's 5 week picture….
No comments:
Post a Comment