Monday, September 22, 2014

My bathroom continually smells like urine

There.  I said it.  My bathroom perpetually has an odor.  No matter how much I clean it, or how many paper towels I try to SQUEEZE between the toilet base and the floor, it stinks.  It smells like pee.

And I think it's going to stink until 2017.

The funny thing is, I'm not joking.  =)  Yesterday, right when we came home, one of my boys said he had to go "real bad".  So I shooed him off to the bathroom and told him to HURRY!  They've been using the toilet (for #1) by themselves for some time now, so I usually don't go in and supervise.  However, this particular night, I heard a "Daddy HELP!"  Since I was closer to the bathroom, I came running in and saw my fully potty trained son peeing on the side of the tub.  Apparently, in pulling his undies down, he realized he wasn't going to make it.  And instead of turning into the toilet while peeing, he didn't know what to do and kept going on the side of the tub.  

I have a feeling this is going to be my life for some time.  Accidents happen.  And with twins, it happens a lot.  Once E & S figure it out and stop peeing on everything, it'll be Z's turn.  Hence, 2017.

But you know what?  After that incident, I had a little mommy moment and realized something (after the bathroom was cleaned, sanitized, and I wasn't miffed anymore).  

I'm going to miss this.

Yep.  You heard me right.  I'm going to miss this.  Yes, this stage of life is insane.  Yes, it's messy.  Yes, it's stinky.  Yes, it takes all of me and then some to do it.  Yes, I gave up A LOT to be a daily witness to it.  But that's the beauty of it…the rawness.  No matter how many questions I have to answer or stories of superheroes I have to listen too, I'm going to miss this craziness someday.  Time flies soooo fast and it makes me sad.  Amidst the demands, tantrums, and fits, there's also E who gives me kisses when I loose it and cry because I'm overwhelmed, or S who says, "See Mommy?  I'm helping!"  in his squeaky little voice as he throws his toys under his bed.  

I am so thankful that God chose me to be the mother of these three rowdy, strong-willed, creative boys. 

I love my life.  And my stinky bathroom.


No comments: