Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter

This year, we got to spend Easter with the Brannans.  After a quick egg hunt and basket time at home at Hume, we drove down to be at our church by 10am.  It was so refreshing and rejuvenating to be with our church family on such a wonderful holiday!  The Sequoia Kids sang a few songs, and even though our boys hadn't been there in 2013, they too went on stage.  It was so cute.  Ethan was attempting the motions, while Sam was completely distracted by the kids reeking havoc behind him.  We were so proud.  =)

Then we high-tailed it over the Papa and Nana's house for some fun Easter festivities!  We snapped some family pics before the boys went down for a nap.

The gang
So... as I pondered this picture, I noticed that the boys have excellent smiles, but 3 of the adults have super cheesy smiles.  My guess is we were trying to get the boys to say, "Cheeeeese."
In the words of Ethan, "There's two Great-Grandmas!"
And the prize for cooperation... getting to take a picture with the remote 
Look at those mischievous smiles
This is the best one of our fam

I think they were pictured-out by the time we got around to our family photo
Someone either had a hand in the mouth, or their mouth open wide. 
If you can't beat 'em... join 'em

I like the smiles in this pic


After naptime, we had an egg hunt.  This year is the first time they've "gotten" what an egg hunt was.  They thoroughly enjoyed looking for the eggs, but even more so ... eating of the candy in them!  E in red and S in blue.










Look at my candy!

"Don't talk to me... I'm eating." 
The Easter baskets this year were like Mary Poppins' bag...things just kept coming and coming



Chocolate bunnies


They got squirt guns, which were promptly put to use.  I had them open their mouths and squirted them in the mouth and this was Ethan's reaction.



Water... a toddler magnet






No comments: