In a lot of ways, Jeff and I have come full circle with Jeff's job up here at Hume: the director of Outdoor Education. OE is an educational, science based camp (like 6th grade camp), but with a Christian world view. As a 6th grader at Fresno Christian, I attended this camp. Then years ago, Jeff was offered this job and the timing wasn't right at the time.
Now the first two weeks of OE, that Jeff has planned and implemented on his own, just finished. I am so proud of my husband for so many things, but one of which was pulling off this camp in the spring. Many said spring was a hard time to run a camp because the unpredictable weather, the other departments needing to fix things and gear up for summer, and finding great people who are able to spend 3 weeks away from their homes in the middle of the semester AND who are able to teach students and run a program. In the end, all the details got worked out one way or another, and God was glorified and kids had fun and facts were learned. I'm so proud of Jeff for hanging in there, for his determination, for his wisdom, for his willingness to wait and see (as opposed to me who just reacts), and for his love for the Lord.
The staff was amazing. Not only did they do an excellent job helping to run the camp, but they helped me a ton by playing with the boys and giving me adult conversation while Jeff was running around or on the mic. They stepped in when one of my children was running towards the stage or off into the woods. And they just all-around did a good job. I'm blessed to have had a small part in this whole shin-dig.
Because Jeff was gone so much, many of our meals were spent at the dining hall with the staff and campers. Everyone helped out with the boys, and I'm sorry I didn't get pictures of all of you! We all had a blast!
 |
| S & Firefly playing on the radio |
 |
| Daddy & E playing on the radio. They also got to talk on microphones a lot. Spoiled. |
 |
| Love them. |
 |
| Yes, I love this guy too. |
 |
| The Crazies |
 |
S, "I'm not crazy. I'm an angel Mommy."
(this statement was later disproven as he was jumping up and down in his crib at 9pm) |
 |
| E & Kokua |
 |
| They LOOOOOOOVE Kokua (the guy and the band)! |
 |
S & Minnow
(he really does like her, he just didn't show it at this particular moment in time) |
2 comments:
fun fixtures! Hey Jenny, I didn't realize that Kokua was up at hume! That's cool, they are really good! I kinda know the electric guitar player in that band. We've played some shows with them before. Anyways, I have to ask...you guys know someone named firefly?
- jason d
That's awesome that you know Kokua! They are great. And Firefly was her camp name. Her real name is Jenni. Good name, don't you think? =)
Post a Comment