Friday, November 14, 2014

Zachary at 4 months

Better late than never!!  I'm catching up!  Here's Z at 4 months…

Since this is my first time having another child of a DIFFERENT age, let me state the obvious: man… time flies so much faster than it did with the boys!  I'm slowly realizing that Z isn't a newborn anymore.  (*sniff, sniff*)

He started grabbing things on purpose this month!  I always love it when I can tell he wants something and can actually do something about it.  He's also really good at flipping his head from side-to-side while laying on his stomach (he's been doing this for a while, but I'm not sure if I've mentioned it).  And he's gained a new love and appreciation for his feet, in all sorts of ways.  He loves grabbing his feet, and he LOVES jumping!  He was stoked when I put him in his jumper for the first time.  Now, he just goes to town bouncing all over the place and having a ball. It's nice that he likes it so much because I feel like he can be safe in there if I leave him and walk out of the room; no other little person is going to accidentally step on him.  =)  

Z giggles now too!  When I'm changing his clothes and blow on his armpits, he does this sort of grunt giggle thing.  It's so cute!  He's such a happy little guy, even though he still isn't sleeping through the night (or taking consistent naps for that matter).  He smiles so easily, especially at faces.  I just look at him and he gets this big grin on his face!  Unless of course I'm trying to take his pictures.  In which case, it's stone-faced Zachary all the way.  =)  I did get some good ones this time though.

Ethan still loves his little brother.  He always wants to hug him or kiss him or have him lay in his bed.  He even goes out of his way to comfort and talk to Z when he is getting sad and I can't come rescue him right away.  I even did a blog on it here!  Samuel is still terrified of spit-up and smelling like Zachary.  So, he doesn't touch Z or anything related to Z.  It's quite amusing to chase him around with a spit-up rag.  Someday I'm sure S will laugh about it with me.  =)

Jeff and I are so blessed.  Every couple weeks, we just sit back and say, "Wow.  We have THREE kids."  Zachary is such a blessing to us in so many ways.  He brings out a humility in us and a realization of our need for the Lord on so many levels.  He challenges me to go beyond myself to serve unconditionally and whole-heartedly, and to love even when I feel like I don't have anymore to give.  And let's be real… his snuggles are the best!  Even though I'm sleep deprived, I still love those sweet moments in the stillness and quiet of the night when he and I get to snuggle and bond, and I hear his deep breathing as he falls back to sleep after a feeding. It's really the best.  I've said it before, but sometimes I feel like a little girl with the BEST doll in the whole world!  I just get to have him with me all the time and I love it!  He's my own personal dolly, and I get to keep him forever (kinda).  Score!

"Oh hey Mom."

"Uhhhhh…. what are you doing on my chair?"

"Seriously Mom…I don't like it."

"All better!"

There's my boy!

Cheesy smile #1

Cheesy smile #2

I know this is an awkward picture, but it shows how big this boy is!  I've never had big boys before!

The Sweetness in action

"Yeah, I know I'm cute."

"FEEEEEEEET!"

"Mom!  Your camera is SO close I have to squint my eyes!"

"Oh hey.  Just hanging around…"

The Infamous Feet

No comments: