Sunday, July 10, 2011

6 Months!

Well, here we are again, one month older!  I was looking at some pictures the other day of them when they were first born.  They have grown so much!  It happens so slowly that we don't notice it until we look back and think about how much they've changed.

Ethan & Sam a few hours old






And now, they are half a year!  Jeff and I are loving every minute of it and sometimes can't get over their cuteness.  I'm sure that's pretty normal, but we find them amazing most of the time.  This month can be described as a month of movement.  They are discovering that they can flip over and they do it all the time!  It has sort of put a damper on their naps, which are shorter now.  I'm not sure if its because Jeff is home for the summer (which means things are noiser), the heat, or trying out new tricks like rolling over.  But, they seem to be doing fine on a little less sleep a day.  They also might be ready for a schedule change (which I tend to do around their monthly birthdays), but we are gone so much this summer that I don't want to do it until we are going to be home for two weeks in a row.  So, until then, we are all surviving. 

Jeff and I tend to split the boys up, now, if we have things to do in the evenings.  He'll take a kid to the meeting and I'll have one at home.  It makes things much more managable.  Plus, then we get to have individual time with each kid.  The first time we did this was when I went to a women's Bible study.  I remember feeling weird that it was just Sam in the backseat.  I almost felt bad for him, like he was lonely back there all by himself.  In fact, now that I have twins, I often feel badly for singleton babies.  They must get so lonely in their cribs all by themselves all night.  Even though these guys don't "play" together yet, I know they get comfort from each other.  Sometimes they even reach out and grab the hand of the brother that's crying.  I think it's super cute.  They've also started smiling at each other and touching (aka hitting) each other.  Knowing that they find comfort in each other makes me even more thankful to have twins.  And believe me, never in a million years would I have ever thought I'd say that.  But, God had other plans.  He blessed us with two incredible boys.  And for that, Jeff and I are so thankful.

We also busted out the jumper and exersaucer this month.  They LOVE the jumper!  They actually love anything they can sit up in.  Though they do still like their playmat, they also love to look at it from a sitting position.  They are in their bumbo seats a lot, which always makes them happy.  They are very close to sitting up now.  They still need help or else they'll flop over on their face.  But, they can sit up by themselves for a total of 2 seconds.  Hey, you gotta start somewhere...




They love their feet!  They finally got them in their mouths in the last few weeks.  Now we laugh every time we see them sucking on their toes.  Very entertaining for all involved.  =)

They still love to laugh!  They are ticklish now...espeically Ethan in his armpits.  It's so funny!  Once we start to tickle them, they start laughing even when they see our hands coming towards them.  We love it!  They also laugh when they are REALLY tired...something I think they got from me.  I tend to get "giddy" if I'm up too late.  =)  It's hysterical to see the boys get like that.  They don't always laugh when they are tired, but we are so thankful for the times when they do just crack up (vs. cry/scream).  The other day, I was cooking or doing something in the kitchen, and every time I'd look at Sam (who was in the jumper) and make eye contact with him from across they room, he'd crack up!  I love it!  They are getting to be so much fun.  We love every minute of our new little family!

Ethan

Ethan moving

Ethan smiling

As you can see, the boys are more mobile and aware.  So, we had to get creative with the placement of the monthly numbers.

We call this "The Fig Leaf" placement.  =)

This might be a little better.

Can't forget the hands!

Sam

Sam giggling some more...

And another of Sam...

Aren't they so cute?!?

Sam and Ethan (and hands)

They crinkle their noses when they smile sometimes!

"No Ethan... You're 6 months old now..."

"Hmmm... 6 months you say?!?"

"Whoa!  When did that happen?"

"Hahaha!  I remember... when I was born.  Duh!"

"Are we done yet?"

"Right Arm!!"  =)

6 Month Stats:
Ethan... 25.5 inches long & 13lbs. 2 oz
Sam... 26 inches long & 13lbs. 9 oz 

1 comment:

Alyson Steiner said...

Love these boys!!! Isn't it just crazy how fast the time passes?! They are just so cute, and I love all their hair! Seriously, my boys need to borrow some! =)
The moving/mobility/playing stages are so much fun! Even though it is beginning to get harder with two (corralling them and all) I absolutely love it! I think every day just gets better than the one before!

Love you, Brannans!