This past week we took the boys camping for the first time. Jeff and I love to camp, but we don't find ourselves camping all that often. Since my parents have an RV now (they've since upgraded from the tent we had when Mark and I were kids, to the tent trailer when we were teens, to the 5th wheel now), we just stay with them. So I guess, we were camping, but not in a tent... until last week! We bought a huge tent from, none other than, Costco... Jeff's favorite store... and we just went for it. The first night was rough. Jeff and I were freezing, and the boys were up crying every few hours. In the end, Ethan and I slept in my parents trailer and Jeff and Sam stayed in the tent. It's hard to let them "cry it out" while camping. A tent is not exactly sound proof. So, out of respect for everyone else's sleep, we didn't get much of our own. However, the next night we had a game plan. It consisted of a bottle before bed, more clothes, putting the pak-n-play right next to our bed, and lots of blankets. And... it worked! The boys did great. We had such a wonderful time! There were so many hands to hold and entertain them that we didn't find camping with 5 1/2 month old twins hard at all. My parents, aunt and uncle, and cousin and her family were all there. And there were the occasional other visitors: my brother and sis-in-law, another cousin, some friends, etc. All in all, it was a grand time! Enjoy the pics!
 |
| Costco tent = awesomeness |
 |
| I think I was more excited about the outdoor bath than Ethan. |
 |
| Clean Ethan |
 |
| Sam's turn! |
 |
| Yes, we bathed them in a litter pan... |
 |
| Sam wasn't a huge fan of the outdoor bath |
 |
| Clean Sam |
 |
| My cousin Declan entertaining Ethan with Peek-a-Boo after dinner |
 |
| Sometimes Sam wasn't so sure about all these people... =) |
 |
| Jeff & Ethan |
 |
| Me & Sam |
 |
| My dad had such fun with the boys. Here he is with Sam. |
 |
| Sam |
 |
| Ethan with my mom. |
 |
| I had to include this one of Sam and my dad. They are so cute! |
 |
| My parents and the boys |
 |
| One of Jeff's awesome night shots |
 |
| Yes... those twinkling things in the sky are stars... |
 |
| Sam |
 |
| We put socks over their hands at night to keep them warm |
 |
| Snuggly in bed! |
 |
| Ethan |
 |
| View from the tent |
 |
| The family owned sailboat. So fun! |
1 comment:
Jenny, I must say you are a brave soul taking twin babies camping! Not sure we are ready to try that yet with our boys! Lol. I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time camping! Your boys are just so adorable! We'll have to get the boys together again soon! Love, Lisa
Post a Comment