Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dads make a difference

Though I'm not a father, this Father's Day is more special to me than any other.  Not because I've never appreciated my own father before, but because I've never appreciated him more.  Now that I have kids and have seen my incredible husband transformed into a father, it makes me appreciate what my parents went through to raise my brother and I.  Dad, you are incredible human being and I've always looked up to you.  You have always listened to me, protected me, made life fun for me, and cared for me.  You have always been our own personal Activities Director ... keeping us moving and laughing.  Thank you for providing for us and giving Mark and I the best, most fun childhood ever and for being a Godly example for us of what it means to be a Christ follower.  I know that you will do the same, and more, for my kids.  They love to laugh at you already.  I love you.






To my father-in-law, Ron: thank you for raising such a wonderful son who treats me like gold.  I know he looks up to you and cherishes your words.  Thank you for imparting your wisdom to him and encouraging him in the ways of the Lord.  I know you will do the same with our kids.  Happy Father's Day!



And now for my husband:  seeing you become a father has been one of the most treasured things I could ever hold in my heart.  Your love for our kids brings me to tears.  Sometimes I can see the love oozing out of you for our boys.  Though they don't know it yet, they are so incredibly blessed to be your sons.  The wisdom you will give them, the fun you will have with them, and the encouragement you will show them is tremendous.  Thank you for making me a mom and for choosing me as a life partner.  Thank you for providing for us and being that constant emotional support and firm foundation.  But above all, thank you for leading in a way that is honoring to the Lord.  Your love for Him and desire to do good amazes me.  I will always respect you and admire you and love you for you who are.  You are an amazing father and husband.  I love you more than you'll ever know.

Sam

Sam giggles

Ethan

Ethan drool

Ethan giggles







The boys have some big shoes to fill!  

1 comment:

Alyson Steiner said...

What a beautiful post, Jen! Happy Father's Day Doswald and Brannan men!!