Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Weekend

This weekend was a ton of fun!  It started with my family.  My parents rented this AWESOME house in Cambria and we just hung out and spent time together.  It was wonderful!  My favorite part was that it was a nice break for me.  Though I was still around and fed the boys every three hours, I changed MAYBE 10 diapers the whole weekend (which is what I normally change in a day) and someone else was usually entertaining the boys.  So, thanks to Jeff (the premier diaper changer) and my family (premier entertainers), I got a much needed break!  Thanks guys!

Hanging out on the porch


View from the porch and the front window


It was SOOOOOO windy!

Occasionally we let the boys entertain themselves (just kidding :)

See my Dad being entertainer in the background?!?
After a few days with the fam in Cambria, we headed to Cayucos to spend a couple days with some of my best friends in the whole world!  Aly, Andrea, and I went to school together and graduated from Fresno Christian together.  Now, Aly lives in Texas and Andrea in So Cal.  So getting us ALL together was a dream come true!  Never in a million years would we have guessed that two of the three of us would have identical twin boys....and only 4 months apart!  Insane!  So, besides the two sets of twin boys, there was also a little baby girl added to the mix (one girl amongst 6 boys.... she'll have to learn to hold her own in this group).  We had 5 babies (9 mos, 7 mos, and my guys at 5 mos), and two boys (5 yrs and 4 yrs).  Needless to say, our house was constantly buzzing with activity.  Someone was always eating, sleeping, or being changed.  However, we did manage to talk a walk to the beach together at least once!  But I didn't have a camera with me... I'll have to get some copies of those pics.

Guess who the babies belong to?!?

With our kids

The whole gang

Friends are friends forever....

....if the Lord's the lord of them....

Ready to go out to lunch!  We kind of took over the porch at the Hofbrau....

Car seat line-up

I got the twins matching hats

So cute!  I got the hats from http://www.etsy.com/people/jenniferjudy .  She's great!

My guys holding hands.... AHHHH!

1 comment:

Taylors said...

Sounds like such a fun Memorial Day weekend!!! I'm glad you had a bit of a break too...gotta love those premier entertainers, baby holders and diaper changers! What a blessing! Your boys are just adorable! Evan & Ryan having been asking when they can have their next playdate with their cousins! Let's get together soon! Love, your cousin, Lisa