Today is Fresno's first "real" fall day. It's in the 60s and rainy...I'm actually wearing pants and a light sweatshirt. It's fabulous! So after the rain let up for a while, I (foolishly) thought that it was done raining for the day. Let's face it, Fresno isn't some lush area that gets tons of rain a year. And the boys had been a little whiney this morning, so I thought a walk and fresh air would do us all some good. Plus, I needed to pull some money out of the ATM for our October budget (thank you Dave Ramsey!). It takes maybe 10 minutes to walk to the ATM from our house and we were doing great. On the way home, before we were even out of the parking lot, it started sprinkling. I didn't think anything of it, but walked at a brisk pace. With every foot, the drips got bigger and closer together. I walked faster. The drips came quicker. I started to run for a couple feet, then walk. The clouds got more ominous. I started running more. As I pulled onto our street, the drips were very large and it was getting heavier. I started sprinting (as much as this post-pregnancy body and the stroller could take). I was dripping wet by this time; my bangs were completely soaked and stuck to my forehead. So I knew the boys were pretty wet. But they kept on "talking" so I kept on running. When we got to the house and I finally stopped to see how the boys were doing (under the cover of our front porch of course), these are the faces I was greeted with... I have such good boys!
 |
| Ethan squealing with delight |
 |
| Sam still lounging despite the rain |
1 comment:
Oh no!!! What did your face look like after the rain downpour?! From the looks on the boys' faces, they'd probably just love England where it rains at least once a day! :)
Post a Comment