Tuesday, October 4, 2011

9 Months!

My babies are 9 months! (single tear...)  They are getting to be so much fun!  Their personalities are starting to shine through more and more, and it's so exciting!

Highlights from this month...

1.  They have started to notice each other!  This month they started copying each other.  It happened first in their highchairs.  One boy would clap, the other would watch him, and then he'd start clapping too!  Then a few days later, Jeff caught them giggling at each other while playing tug-o-war over a toy.  So cute!

2.  They've started eating more and more finger food.  They eat cheese, buttered toast, fruit, rice, as well as Cheerios and puffs and a few other things.  They do it so well and they love it!  Their entire dinner is only finger food now (plus a bottle of course).

3.  Ethan pulled himself to a standing position while sitting on my lap!  He loves standing and gets a huge grin on his face when he does it.  Sam just started putting weight on his legs.  He doesn't like doing it, and often spreads his legs really wide to sit instead of stand.  But he can do it!

4.  One Sunday this month, my parents came to church and watched the boys in the nursery.  The church has a rubber ball and my dad figured out that the boys (namely Sam) can play "roll back"!  So, my parents got them their own rubber ball and the boys really do roll it back to you!  And they just squeal with delight while doing it!  Sam gets a huge smile on his face and pounds on the ball when you roll it to him, and Ethan has started to lift it up, even above his head, and laughs!

5.  I officially stopped breastfeeding this month.  After counting how many weeks old the boys are, I realized I breastfed them almost the exact amount of time that I was pregnant with them (I actully breastfed them a little longer than they were in me).  And to be honest, I'm pretty proud of the fact that I breastfed twins for so long.  It was harder stopping than I thought, but it was time for all three of us. 

6.  And on a sad note, the boys got Hand Foot and Mouth disease.  =(  They were so miserable for a few days.  I felt so bad for them!  They've been sick before, but they haven't felt this bad at the exact same time.  It was tough comforting them while the both wanted to be held.  Somehow, I found a way and we all survived. 

And that is month number 9!  Jeff and I love spending time together as a family and are so excited to be Ethan and Sam's parents!  Enjoy the pics!

9 Month stats (a couple weeks after they actually turned 9 months):
 Sam: 17 lbs. 1 oz, 27.5 inches
Ethan: 15 lbs 12 oz, 26.5 inches
**They both made it to the 10% for weight!  That's up from previous months.  I'm so proud...they can gain weight.  =)
Sweet Sam


He's getting so long!


He loves making this face!





Ethan is a mover.  He had a hard time staying still for photos.  I had to get creative.






"Arrrr matey.  I be lookin' atcha with me one eye..."

"Look Mom!  I can touch the camera!"

I think this is the last monthly photo shoot I can do by myself.   =)

I had to jump up and down and yell to get this reaction.  Hey... whatever works.  =)



No comments: