Here's what you'll need:
1 large banana, mashed*
1/2 cups peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
1/4 cups honey
1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
*Because my boys don't get enough vegetables, I substitute the mashed banana for pureed sweet potatoes or squash. One baby food container works for me.
**I also usually double this recipe. That way the frozen "cookies" will last a lot longer. So, I'll usually add some sort of pureed fruit as well as the pureed veggie. This time, I added prunes and sweet potatoes.
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine banana (or one container of pureed baby food... 2 containers if you're doubling the recipe), peanut butter, honey, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, raisins, and baking soda.
Combine the dry mixture and wet mixture until well-combined.
Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Drop the dough onto the cookie sheet using 1/4 cup measure. Leave approximately 3 inches between each cookie.
Wet a spatula and flatten down the mounds of dough so they are about 1/2 inch thick.
Bake for 15 minutes or until browned. And viola... a yummy, pre-made breakfast for you or your toddler!
I like to take it one step further. I let the "cookies" cool on a cooling rack, then I arrange them on a clean cookie sheet and try to cram as many on there without overlapping. Then I pop the cookie sheet, with the "cookies" on it, into the freezer, and let them freeze. After a few hours, I pop the "cookies" off the sheet and into a pre-marked ziploc bag and then put them all back into the freezer. That way, they are individually frozen so I can just pull 2 out in the morning for breakfast. To thaw them, I just zap them in the microwave for 30 seconds and that usually does the trick! This recipe is yummy for kids, breakfast on the go, if you are trying to watch your caloric intake, or whatever. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Breakfast "Cookies"
1 large banana, mashed (or 1 container of pureed baby food)
1/2 cups peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
1/4 cups honey
1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine banana, peanut butter, honey, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, raisins, and baking soda.
3. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Drop the dough onto the cookie sheet using 1/4 cup measure. Leave approximately 3 inches between each cookie. Wet a spatula and flatten down the mounds of dough so they are about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned.










No comments:
Post a Comment