I can't believe it's been two months already since I had Sam and Ethan! And on the other hand, I can't imagine my life without them. These last two months have been a pure joy for Jeff and I as we watch our two little miracles discover the world.
Here are some highlights from the last month:
Here are some highlights from the last month:
- They have discovered that there's a world outside of themselves! They started focusing this month and have been getting better at it these last few weeks. Now they can lay under the playmat and actually enjoy it for more than a few minutes. They like to look at light (either from a window or a lamp), things on their playmat, or the faces of those that love them! They don't like looking at cameras. As soon as you stick a camera in their face, they get grumpy. But even their grumpy face is cute so I take a picture anyway.
- Because they can focus on things, they have started smiling! They love to smile and coo after they eat. Sometimes, I let them lay on my nursing pillow and we "talk" and smile at each other for a while. I've tried to capture it on camera, but alas... they don't like to smile at cameras yet. I've gotten a few videos with my iPhone, but that's about all. It's ok though. I'll get plenty of smiles on camera. Right now, I'd prefer to enjoy them without looking through a lens. =)
- They can turn towards sounds now. When they hear Jeff or I, they often will turn towards us and just stare. They also turn towards beeping sounds or this giraffe that plays music on their playmat.
- They can track with their eyes. This is the funniest thing they do. When we are trying to calm them down, often we end up bouncing them and swinging them in our arms. However, lately, that proves to be counterproductive because they try so hard to track things with their eyes while we're swinging them that it ends up waking them up more. The other day, a friend of ours was holding Sam and he was staring at Jeff. Every time she would swing Sam away from Jeff, he would look above his head and crinkle his forehead trying to see his Daddy. And Sam did this over and over! So it's very obvious that they can, and love to, track things.
- They still enjoy cuddling with each other. They got little colds this month and loved to touch each other while they slept, especially Sam. I think I posted it in another post, but during one of their naps, Sam reached out and held Ethan's hand while they slept. (Everyone say it with me now, "Ahhhh!")
- They can kind of roll onto their side, especially Ethan. They love to pick their feet up and throw them to the side right before I change their diaper. Then they smile as if to say, "Look what I did!"
- Last week, they started copying Jeff and I! When they are really captivated with our faces, we can get them to open their mouths or stick their tongue out in response to us. I've even tried saying "Ahhhh" and they try to mimic it too!
Here are their stats after their 2 month appointment:
Samuel
9 lbs 6 oz
22 3/4 inches long
Ethan
8 lbs 8 oz
22 inches long
And here are some pictures. Enjoy!
Merry UnBirthday to Cara! My sister-in-law was born on Feb. 29th and since it isn't a leap year, she threw an UnBirthday party! Everyone dressed up as Alice in Wonderland characters. Jeff was the Mad Hatter, I was a flower, and the boys were cards. =)
Sam was the ace of hearts and Ethan was ace of clubs.
Sam & Ethan at 7 weeks
Sam & Ethan
Sam








No comments:
Post a Comment