Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks of living at Hume. It's taken a bit to get adjusted, but I'd say we are well on our way to feeling "normal" again. The boys are sleeping through the night again...the first week they woke up a couple times a night. Now they are sleeping more than 12 hours at night and taking shorter naps. I'm not sure which is better: going to bed earlier and still getting up at 8am, or a longer nap during the day. I'm still debating about that one. I have a hard time keeping them up until 8pm because they are just so active these days! Every night I sit on the couch, feel like I've run a marathon. =) So they go down around 7:30, but still sleep until 8am or later. However, the down side is that their nap, then, gets shortened to 1.5 hours max. So, I'm currently debating whether it's worth it to keep them up until 8pm and hopefully get a longer nap... hmmmm... On another note, the boys LOVE seeing dad at lunch time! He gets to come home for lunch (since his commute is all of 30 seconds), and they just squeal when they hear him walk up the stairs!
Jeff started his job and is loving it. It's a big switch from teaching, but one that he enjoys and was ready for. He's been in a few roles similar to his new job, so he had a fairly good idea of what to expect, though he hasn't been involved in this PARTICULAR camp. So there still is a fairly big learning curve. But, as in all things, he is taking it all in stride and with a positive attitude. I'm so proud of him! He's doing a fantastic job. (spoken like a true wife, eh?)
I'm the one who is taking the longest to adjust. I went from living in town and working part-time, to living 1.5 hours from town and being a stay-at-home mom. It's a bit of a switch for me. Plus, I don't deal as well with change as Jeff does. However, the last week or so has been much better for me. I've gotten in a groove and figured out what works for me, and what I need in order to make it through the day in piece. I need to get out and see other people at least for a little bit of the day. So, I often have play dates in the morning or just walk down to the park. There's always another mom and kids in the park. It makes the mornings smoother, the boys happier, and time to go quicker. Plus, the boys get some energy out and get to interact with other kids, something they haven't had much of in the past. I realize that it will take some time to find my nitch and I'm ok with that.
So for now, we are taking one day at a time, and are incredibly grateful that the Lord is leading us and doesn't ever leave us or forsake us (Heb. 13:5).
 |
| Reading a bedtime story. Even though their room is smaller, we squeezed in the rocker so we could keep it up here. The living room, where it used to be in our Clovis house, is MUCH smaller up here. There's no way it would fit in this living room. I'm glad we made it work! |
 |
| I realize this is blurry, but I wanted to show you the boys' play room. There's this little half-sized bedroom that's too small for a normal bedroom, and too big for a closet (plus the ceiling is slanted with the roof). So, we made it a toy room! The boys have needed some training figuring out how to play in there themselves. So we are currently instituting "room time"... in a sense, they are forced to play in there for 20 minutes a day without me. It teaches them to interact with each other and/or entertain themselves, and it gives me some much needed time to do things around the house. So far, we are all enjoying "room time". |
 |
| They absolutely LOVE Cars! They ask for it every day when they wake up and millions of times a day. So, I've given in at afternoon snack time. This little table is perfect for a snack and a movie!! Thanks Country Fair! |
 |
| This is our "yard". It's fenced in, which is fabulous for my guys. Our apartment is up those stairs. On the other side of the brown fence is the toddler playground for the nursery (which is the first floor of this building). Yet another perk of living in Huckleberry 2 (though the apartment is super small... these other perks make it a nice place to live). |
 |
| On our walk to the park, we saw some deer! There are often deer in this lawn. |
 |
| Watching Cars... Sam sticks his tongue out like Lightning McQueen. |
 |
| It's official! So proud... (sniff sniff) |
 |
| My brother, sis-in-law, and nephew came to visit and this is the only pic I got! Sorry guys! |
 |
| Fun with friends! These boys are all 5 months apart (2 of them are only two minutes apart... can you guess who?!? hehehe) |
 |
| "Dad's home!!!!!!!!!! Get 'em!!!!!" |
1 comment:
The changes seem good for you guys, which makes me happy :). But I know it can be hard to deal with change.
Even though I grew up in Fresno/Clovis. Moving back with Brian has been a real change for us. We wake up often still getting used to apartment living and hearing all the new noises. But at the same time we feel so blessed to be led here to Fresno.
Post a Comment